skunkworkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy)

+7
Pudgeymac
5e colin
richardc9052
GTstarlet1991
Kenny cynos
GTnick
Bandit32
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Empty My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy)

Post by Bandit32 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 am

Ok so I am currently in the middle of putting my V back together after it being out of action since March 2008 when I had to strip her alot to pay off debts when I lost my job. I am hoping to get her back to close to her original spec that she had when I got her. This story begins WAY back at the end of 2005.

I was on my way to work one cold winter morning in my 1992 GT when I hit black ice and put her on her roof. I gave myself time to grieve for my loss and then decided to invest my money and love into one of her younger sisters, a Glanza V. I asked my buddy John at Westcoast Performance to find me either a red or a white V in the land of the rising sun with low mileage (I didn't want her to be a TOTAL slut ) and some reasonable modifications. So he set about the task and rang me one Friday morning when I was at work, to say he found me one that I didn't want to miss out on. A white one with very low mileage and very heavily modified which I will tell you about later

I'm sure by now you want to see some pictures. Unfortunately I have very little pictures of my car from its early days but here are the few that I have.

At the auction house

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) St

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) St2

On the docks in Japan waiting to get on the boat

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF2881

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF2909

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF2880

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF2882

Outside the Abbeyville Apartments in Bishops' Town in Cork

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) GLANZA

So her spec list back the when I got here was as follows

INTERIOR
Fixed bucket drivers seat (unknown make)
Recaro fishnet passenger seat
Race pedals (unknown make)
Rear seats removed

EXTERIOR
Vent on passenger side of front bumper for smic
Optional rear splitter
Bridgestone Fortis Special Version 14" wheels
JAM fiberglass bonnet with bonnet pins
TRD carbon look scoop
Boot wiper removed

ENGINE
JAM Racing 4e engine
JAM modified sump
JAM exhaust manifold
Blitz K1-200V turbo (exhaust housing tapped for exhaust temp probe)
Blitz downpipe
Trust cat back s/s exhaust system
SARD 550cc injectors
Sard fuel pressure regulator
Custom side mount intercooler
HKS Racing blowoff valve
Custom top mount induction kit
Sard oil catch tank
TRD engine and gearbox mounts
Samco Coolant hoses with GReddy water temp adaptor

ELECTRONICS
HKS EVC boost controller
Apexi Power FC ECU
Sard battery relocation kit (in the boot)
Nology Hotwire ignition leads

HANDLING
JIC Magic Coilovers with camber adjustable top mounts
TRD front strut brace
Cusco rear strut brace
Tanabe front anti-roll bar
JAM adjustable panhard rob
Toyota Levin disc's and calipers
APP braided brake lines (front and rear)
TRD 1.5 way LSD
OS Giken Super Single clutch kit
Route 6 Braided clutch line
Route 6 clutch slave cylinder
TRD bushings

I know there is more but im wrecked tired and my brain isn't working properly so i'll update this as I think of more.

I also asked John at Westcoast to keep an eye on the auctions for any interesting bits and here is what he came up with:

A blitz K24 turbo kit with a front mount intercooler kit and I bought a brand new Sard tubular s/s exhaust manifold for this from the now infamous Toby of ToyTuning.

HRF Custom frount mount intercooler kit with custom intake manifold, made for Z32 airflow meter

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook1

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook1

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 04062010160

EP82 HRF V300 Apexi Power FC and 550cc injectors

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook4

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook3

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook5

I also had the opportunity to buy this but it was €3000 and I just didn't have the funds to get it

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook6

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook7

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Outlook8-1

Its the ACTUAL engine that was used in the option video where Mr. HRF raced against an R34 GT-R and here is what the auction sheet said about it:

It is the full CHUN 5E engine produced by HRF.
By the plan of a certain famous magazine
It is created in order to store a victory in R34 GT-R in a circuit, metropolitan quantity, and ZEROYON.
The combined turbines are what and TD05H-18G!
It is said that MAX exceeds 450PS around 400H.P. in a correspondence horsepower.
Details are indicated.

Use part
HRF original V300 piston kit
It is a forge piston for 5E engine. It compares normally and the high boost is supported.

HRF original V300 KONRODDO kit
I He is strengthening Cong Rod of a cross-sectional forge type. The high boost is supported like a piston.

HRF original V300 inner SIMM kit
The SIMM of Nissan GTR was used and inner SIMM-ization is achieved.
The strengthening valve spring is also set,
The growth of high rotation becomes very good by combining with the cam of HRF.

HRF original V300 high-power cam shaft
A sands portion is the same as Normal because of normal trade-in.
The cam mountain is fearful.

HRF original V300 head gasket
They are 75mm of diameters of a boa, and a gasket with a thickness of 1.2mm corresponding to a high boost.

The above-mentioned part is used unstintingly.
in addition -- and processing of HRF is given.

Processing part
Inhalation-of-air port processing, valve seat cut processing,
Improvement processing in 霧質 of an in JIEKUTA attachment position,
Blow vice roux processing of oil bread (oil catch tank use of exclusive use, another exhibition)
Head cover blow BAIHOSU expansion processing etc.
It is not, only if it writes till a fine place.

The creation process of this engine is exhibited also by video, and those contents and ability are proof ending.

I think this is the video they are talking about

Im SICKENED I didn't sell my ass to get this engine but I doubt my ass is worth that much anyway Laughing

In the summer of 2007 my mates and I all planned a trip to the Nurburgring so I decided to make a few changes to my setup and along with the used parts listed above I also bought the following:

Defi link oil pressure gauge (new)
Defi link exhaust temp gauge(new)
Defi link boost pressure gauge (new)
Defi link control box (new)
Apexi Power FC Hand Commander (new)
Trust oil cooler kit with filter relocation (new)
Sard K24 exhaust manifold (new)
Triple core alloy civic rad (new)
Black diamond drilled and grooved disc's (new)
White 16" Rota Grid's with Toyo T1R's(new)
Fiberglass Front bumper (some replica bumper) (new)
Ultra HID kit (new)

Some pics of what the car looked like before it went on the trip (although some of the pics are actually after I came back)

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007184

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007185

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007190

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007187

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007188

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007189

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 29082007197

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 29082007194

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 27082007191

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 29082007201

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 29082007202

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 29082007203

To say it was a disaster would be the understatement of the century Laughing. I got off the boat in France and 50 mile into the drive, the wastegate pipe on the 4 month old Sard manifold broke off on a 4 lane stretch of motorway so I had to park up my car in a hotel car park, hop in with one of the lads and leave it till the return journey.

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) SardManifold

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 10092007250

Apart from my manifold, 4 of the other lads had manifold problems also but nothing as bad as I did. It was a brilliant trip all the same with John, owner of Westcoast Performance, putting in a good performance in a Mark 5 Golf GTI that he rented from 'Rent a Racecar' which is just down the road from the Ring. Here's a video if your interested

So I got home from my holiday and parked up the V because I had to go to my last stint in college for my apprenticeship and didn't have time to do anything with it. I eventually got it sorted out and got her back on the road but it didn't seem to be as quick as it used to be but I didn't care because I had her back . I set off for my week in college that Sunday night and spent my week in Cork and on Friday eve, on my way home, I got a call from one of the lads so I answered and what do you think happened? The bloody cops seen me, pulled me over and gave me 2 penalty points, BASTARDS lol. Just kidding, its was my own fault, I shouldn't be on the phone while driving.

Anyway, I spent the next few months driving around happy out and decided to go to a Chelsea vs Manchester United match a Stamford Bridge with my father (he's a Chelsea fan and i'm a United fan). John's brand spanking new Dyno Dynamics rolling road was delivered while I was away and speaking to him on the phone I told him to dyno the car. He rang back with bad news and told me that the reason the car had been down on power was because the turbo was on its last legs and would need replacing immediately. So I told him to push the life out of it until it blew up and see what it got . it made 185bhp EPIC FAIL!!!!!

So with the turbo wanked and with me having just lost my job and over €20k of debts on my shoulders I decided to sell most of the parts from her. It was a sad day when I started to strip her but I promised myself I would get her running again no matter how long it took so here I am, almost 3 years later, trying to put her back to close to what she was like when I first got my hands on her. Some of the parts are out of my reach now, either because I have them sold and they are now discontinued or because they are too expensive for me to get again because im a broke student

So here are some of the pics of the TERRIBLE state she is in now and of some of what I have done to the car so far and some of the parts I have purchased

So some of the parts I have got for my car are as follows:

99 front bumper with optional lip
98/99 spec rear seat and parcel shelf (never had these in the car before)
Optional rear strut brace
EP-Styling vented an extended (20mm) front wings (being sold in a few weeks)
EVO IV Recaro front seats (Since been sold)
HKS FCON PFC ecu
HKS EVC III & HKS EVC EZ (haven't decided which one of them I will use)
HKS Type-1 turbo timer
HKS 52mm boost gauge
New wheel bearings
Gearbox from Cynos with oem LSD and 4.3 final drive (Might not be good enough but we'll see)

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 11022010024

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 11022010023

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 11022010022

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 03072010258-1

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 03072010257

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 03072010256

Wishbones before and after I cleaned them up

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 03072010218

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 05072010261

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 05072010265

HKS FCON PFC

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 01022010015

Bought some parts from a member on TGTT called Ian who was breaking his car

Genuine JAM Racing Spoiler

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Jamb

Genuine JAM Racing eyebrows

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Eyebrows

Dash gauge pod

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Photo8

JAM Racing Engine

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Photo4

JAM Racing flywheel

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0608

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0609

I also got these from Ryan aka pig666eon

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 196541973

The electric window switches are a bit useless to me at the minute as I have manual windows but I was going for the full TRD set and missed out on the centre console and meter panel surround but hey, might get them at a later stage.

I have also got my hands on a few parts from popsy from when he broke his beast. His Exeddy paddle clutch and new headlights but can find pics of those just yet.

I found those pictures so here you go

I could only find a pic of the one light but it shows how clean they are
My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF0797_zps7d708b7f

The Exeddy Paddle Clutch
My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) DSCF0818-1_zps3ee508ce

And I also bought this Strut brace from him but sold it after because I thought after seeing it in the flesh that it was style and no substance
My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0174_zps4eb2173a

*UPDATE* (30/10/11)

I recently got a couple of more packages from Ryan.

A set of Black 8mm ignition leads

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 30102011281

And a box with some nice shiny blue parts

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 14102011275

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) 14102011276

I recently got John at West Coast Performance to order me a Forge intercooler core to make up my custom fmic kit. Here are some pictures

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0338

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0337

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) IMG_0335

Its going to be a long time before I have this project finished but I am a patient man and have no intention rushing it. I'll get there in the end and will enjoy it that much more because I waited. Hope you enjoyed

****UPDATE****

Not a big update just said I would let you all know the direction my thought process is going. I have changed my mind about the turbo setup, I was going to get the Blitz K1 rebuilt and use the JAM Racing exhaust manifold and the Blitz decat and the aim was about 200bhp on WCP's dyno but now I am going to go bigger. Going to go for a garrett turbo (possibly a GT2530), custom exhaust manifold and custom decat to match my custom short route FMIC setup and possibly custom intake manifold and try to get around 250bhp at 1.2 bar. It might be a bit of a stretch on a 4E but we'll see Very Happy .

I still need the following things just to get her running temporarily

Braided brake lines
Gearbox and driveshafts
Water temp sensor
FMIC pipework fabricated
Custom exhaust fabricated
Custom exhaust manifold fabricated
Custom decat fabricated

I also need Ryan to hurry up and get some stuff made so I can trick out my car with Skunk Workz parts lol!

Last edited by Bandit32 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am; edited 6 times in total
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Empty Re: My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy)

Post by GTnick Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 am

that one savage glanza lad that front mount you first had on looks a serious bit of kit
GTnick
GTnick

Back to top Go down

My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy) Empty Re: My Glanza V (very long and picture heavy)

Post by Kenny cynos Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

Fuck me that's a fair build!

Just a question regarding you gearbox, your running a cynos box? What LSD are you running, I'm actually building a 5e td04 cynos ATM and was wondering about what box/diff combination to use,
Kenny cynos
Kenny cynos
The Wexican

Back to top Go down

Post by GTstarlet1991 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 am

thats a serious build!!
GTstarlet1991
GTstarlet1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:40 am

Kenny cynos wrote:Fuck me that's a fair build!

Just a question regarding you gearbox, your running a cynos box? What LSD are you running, I'm actually building a 5e td04 cynos ATM and was wondering about what box/diff combination to use,

Ya, its a cynos gearbox with the external factory optional LSD. I don't think I am going to use it though, i'll probably pick up a standard turbo box and get LSD for that down the road.
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by GTnick Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 am

does the cynos box bolt straight onto the 4efte whats it like for gear ratios and taking the power through the box
GTnick
GTnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 am

GTnick wrote:does the cynos box bolt straight onto the 4efte whats it like for gear ratios and taking the power through the box

It bolts straight up to the 4e but you need the cynos drive shafts and hubs too. I have no idea what the ratios are like or if they can take any power because I never actually drove the car with that box. I got it as a swap for some other part I had and my car hasn't been on the road since 2008
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by richardc9052 Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:35 pm

awesome build thread !!
richardc9052
richardc9052
The Export

Back to top Go down

Post by 5e colin Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 am

nice 1bandit

i see a few parts i like ha ha
5e colin
5e colin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pudgeymac Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:58 am

nice work will

is she gona see the road in 2013 bud ?
Pudgeymac
Pudgeymac
EP FREAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:10 am

Pudgeymac wrote:nice work will

is she gona see the road in 2013 bud ?

Not a hope Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . It might be running and driving but it wont be ob the road. It's not going on the road till its done the way I want it and thats going to take a lot more time
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pudgeymac Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:03 am

ah yeah take ur time and do it right sure

i might have mine down to u in the summer to get mapped anyways

i still have to get that harness for the emu

any look finding 1 for me

or will u make me 1 lol Razz
Pudgeymac
Pudgeymac
EP FREAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 am

I need a field harness to make a pnp loom for it. If you get a field harness and send it and the emanage loom down to me then ya, i'll make you the pnp loom. I'll be doing it for ryan anyway
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by davep91 Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:25 am

That spec is unrail fair play man it's a credit to you
davep91
davep91
id-workz customer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 am

Ya and then the emanage loom is wired into that and you can just plug it in and out whenever you want
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pudgeymac Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 am

sound sound Very Happy
Pudgeymac
Pudgeymac
EP FREAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 am

davep91 wrote:That spec is unrail fair play man it's a credit to you

Thanks man, im after changing my mind with some of the stuff AGAIN Laughing Laughing , I'm think of getting a few custom parts made up. I'll see how things go
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:35 am

I edited the first post and put the update there so any new person looking wouldn't have to go through all the posts to see the whole thing
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by davep91 Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 am

Have you any rough finish date in mind dude
davep91
davep91
id-workz customer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 am

Finish date to when its running or do you mean an actual finish date because i doubt it'll EVER be finished lol. Nah, I should have it running by the summer but it'll be a long time before it good enough to go on the road
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch74 Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Kewl thread mate.

Some parts you've got there.

Al.
Very Happy
Dutch74
Dutch74

Back to top Go down

Post by 5e colin Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 am

wa custom part do u have in mind Very Happy
5e colin
5e colin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mx5ideways Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 am

Savage Glanza, some spec list of parts and nice to see someone sticking with a build even when their totally out of money, even with a lot of bits sold its still yours and will be an unreal car again when it's back on the road
Mx5ideways
Mx5ideways

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit32 Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't want to build the engine because I will eventually be putting a forged 5e into her and with the head thats in it I am hoping that it will be a very nice responsive engine. I want to run it at higher compression than the standard 8.2:1 compression ratio although I must decide on what that will be before I go doing anything.

First of all I have to pick the turbo I want, although I do have a kind of an idea of what I will be going for. After that I just need the money to buy the turbo and get the manifold, down-pipe and exhaust custom made at West Coast Performance.

Then its onto the likes of suspension by replacing the standard shocks and Tein springs that I have with coilovers, the brakes by replacing the Levin calipers with 4 pot (or possibly 6 pot) wilwoods, Getting a set of wheels to take the brakes and a full respray including the engine bay. I have no idea when I will get around to all this but the dream is there anyway Razz

Last edited by Bandit32 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Bandit32
Bandit32
WCP stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by AlancEP82 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 pm

was not expecting that at all,savage build,fancy selling me the pulley there nice,i like blue bits,i want blue bits
AlancEP82
AlancEP82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next